Thursday, October 4, 2012

Battle on.





THE LULU CHRONICLES
Author Sarah Young writes in her book, Jesus Calling, “There’s a mighty battle going on for the control of your mind. Heaven and earth intersect in your mind; the tugs of both spheres influence your thinking.”
That quote scares the bajebbies out of me. Know why? Because on any given day I don’t know which is going to win. I like to think of myself as a spiritual person. I believe in God. I believe that Jesus is His Son. I read my Bible. I pray. I go to church regularly. I even know all the verses to Kum bah ya. Yet, there are days the world has a mighty tug on me.
~ There are days I’d much rather sleep in on Sunday mornings than show up at church.
~ I find myself, more times than I want to admit, watching a movie that dishonors God more than it honors Him.
~ Most days the homeless on the street corner are invisible to me.
~ I’m ashamed to confess that card of encouragement I intended to write still sits in my desk drawer.
~ If my thoughts would be projected on a PowerPoint, I’d have some embarrassing moments.
And the list goes on. However, I’m not a total ingrate. All of the above have also had me making the better choice, doing the humane thing, and Kum bah ya-ing with the saints. There are days I’m spot on, but you know what? I’ve notice that those days have one thing in common: I die to self. The battle being waged gets won on my knees.
I wished that realization would stick for all time. Unfortunately, each morning is a fresh battle and Satan has had a good night’s sleep.
The fight is on, my friends. Armor up.
deb


No comments: