Monday, October 10, 2011

One Last Look























THE LULU CHRONICLES

Okay, I know you must be getting tired of me telling you what a great fall we're having here in Wisconsin. But it is, great I mean. Please forgive me for blubbering so, because in about in a day or two, true fall weather will be here; By that I mean, highs in the 60s, and then a few days after that highs in the 50s and a couple of days after that ... winter. So, I simply must blubber and bask in the sunset of our good weather.

My last hurrah was the Harvest Party my husband and I hosted for friends and neighbors this past Saturday. It's a tradition with us. We spruce up our three acres, dot the yard with pumpkins and mums, coax what flowers we have left in the beds to live just a few days longer and call it a party. Highlights this year were the pumpkin carving contest, apple bobbing, a haunted hayride and a bouncey house for the kiddos; And, lots of eating, snacking and good old fashion visiting was had by all. It was a perfect day.

Since LuLu and I got together this past spring, we have been blessed with more than our share of perfect days. Now six months later, my pink bike and I are old friends. She has treated me to many miles of good bike riding and I've introduced her to the neighborhood and the lovely changing seasons around us. It's been a good match. Of course, hopefully, I'll be brave enough to keep riding her through the cooler weather ahead... at least until the snow flies that is.

But for now, I want to share with you one last view of our autumn and our recent Harvest Party. I do hope you have been enjoying your autumn days just as much.

later,
deb

No comments: