Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Plan B



THE LULU CHRONICLES

I’m a wimp… a wuss … a sissy. According to our TV weather dudes, the wind was blowing 30 to 40 mph today. I opted not to ride LuLu. Hence, I’m a wuss, but I’m thinking a smart wuss in any case. I can take the cold, but the wind just does me in. So, I opted for Plan B meaning Rusty and I had a stationary ride in the loft.

How do you handle obstacles or a change of plans? Do they throw you for a loop or do you take them in stride? Well if you’re like me, you’ve probably responded in both ways, depending on how much you’re disappointed or inconvenienced, or how hard the change is.

However, God has been working on me lately in that area. You see my Plan A for life was college, marriage, kids, grandkids, then gracefully growing vibrantly old with my hubby. Plan A had been working well until last year. In 2010, my hubs was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. Plan A didn’t include one of us getting sick. Hence, Plan B had to be put into action, which included trips to Mayo, radiation, reoccurrence, etc. I don’t like Plan B as much.

But, like it or not, Plan B is our new normal. I can either, kick and scream my days away, whining the “Why Me” song and live miserably and scared, or lean forward into this new life. I chose the latter.

And it is a choice you know. Yes, I am scared. Yes, I feel like kicking the cat at times. But what I want mostly is to live honorably within our new normal. I want to make God proud. Faith, family and friends have never been more important—thankfully, they are a roll over from Plan A.

Have you recently been kicked to the curb by your Plan A? If so, let me know how you’re doing. Us Plan B-ers need to stick together.

Blessings, ya’ll,

deb

No comments: