Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I did!


PHOTO: Rusty & Murphy

THE LULU CHRONICLES


This morning I was up at 6:30, hopped on Belle, the ball and did my weight routine, and then pedaled on Rusty, the stationary bike. But, I must share with you something exciting. When I usually hop on Rusty, I can’t just start pedaling normal. The Fake Knee doesn’t allow that. I first must pedal backwards half way until I’ve coaxed the knee into a full rotation. Once I do that for a bit, then I start pedaling forward half way until I once again coax the Fake Knee into a full rotation. This is what I have to do before I jump on LuLu too. First Rusty to limber up the knee, then on to LuLu. However, this morning, for the first time in two years or more, I was able to pedal a full forward rotation right from the start! This is a big deal for me.

What this tells me is that my time spent with LuLu is slowly, but surely making me a healthier gal. And it most definitely is helping me to keep and gain flexibility with my knee. I’m ecstatic!

I have lots to go in the weight-losing department, but today, I rejoiced in a victory I didn’t see coming. So, I must ask you, what little victories have you been surprised with lately? Think about them and give them their due. Nothing is too small or insignificant. If it was a goal and you reached it, then it matters. We are sometimes to quick to put ourselves down or make light of an accomplishment. And, granted, manners and decorum call for modest restraint at times. But not at all times.

So pat yourself on the back for a job well done, and then keep moving forward. This morning as I made a couple of full rotations, I swear I heard the theme song from Rocky playing in the distance somewhere, or maybe it was just in my own heart.

I think I can, I think I can… I know I can… I did! And, so can you.

deb

No comments: