Thursday, March 29, 2012

The hump

Photo: Me and Corm-Dog, my oldest grandson.


THE LULU CHRONICLES

LuLu-ism # 50: Body parts are to be made fun of. It’s either that or cry a lot.

LuLu is in her bliss. The unseasonably warm weather has us frolicking around the countryside on a regular basis now. However, in the spirit of trying to make all of me healthy and not just my legs and cowgirl, I do return to Hildegard, the elliptical sweatmaker for aerobics and Belle, the ball, for strengthening.

On Fridays I weigh in and take my measurements. A humbling experience, I must say. I’m happy to report I’m down 12.5 lbs and have lost a total of 12 inches here and there and everywhere. However, there is this one little part of me that refuses to budge…

The Hump.

Ladies, you know what I’m talking about, right? That fleshy hunk of meat that can set up residence where your neck meets your back. I haven’t found an exercise that can touch it. When I travel, it’s a wonder the airlines haven’t made me purchase it its own seat. I notice it the most when I exercise on Belle. Lying atop the ball with weights overhead, it feels like I’ve got a towel rolled up under my neck—not always a bad thing I guess. So, since I can’t get rid of it, I’ve begun to think of creative things I can do with it. Feel free to add ideas of your own:

* Use it as a neck cushion. * A writing desk for someone standing in line behind me at the grocery. * An ever ready Halloween Quasimodo costume. * An armrest for my husband. * A perch for owls, crows and small birds * A tote-as-you-go bookshelf. And finally… * Put a hat on it and pass it off as my older, uglier sister.

Well, nobody said this getting healthy thingy would be easy or pretty. I best get back at it. Check back with me on Tuesday when we’ll be discussing posture. Won’t that be fun?

Later,

deb

No comments: