Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thus far...

PHOTO: Thus far, my darling is still with me...God is good.



THE LULU CHRONICLES

What are you doing peeking at this blog? It's a holiday, people! Don't you have a turkey to thaw? Dressing to dress? Pies to bake? You shouldn't be hanging out with me when you've got so much to prepare. So, here's the deal, LuLu and I are going to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving, now, so you don't have to visit us again until next Tuesday. I don't know about you, but I'm going to have a house full on Thursday, thirteen to be exact. I can't even promise I'll be able to find my computer on Thursday underneath the mix of fall decorations and the beginnings of Christmas decorations. It's like my house is having a bout of split personality disorder. Christmas lights are hanging outside, yet my fireplace mantel has gourds and pumpkins on it. Go figure.

Go. Be thankful. In betwixt all of the holiday hub bub, go to your quiet place, be it the bathroom, a closet or the garage, whatever, and take a moment to just be thankful. Another year is about to end, and you're still here. You're upright. You've survived. Maybe you've even thrived. Be. Thankful.

Long, long ago in a Bible land far, far, away, there was a man named Joshua. He got promoted to head trail boss when God retired Moses number. One day, Joshua was leading the troops in yet, another circle, when the day had arrived that they were going to cross over the Jordan River into a land of milk and honey, as they say in Bible-speak. Josh gathered the masses and tried to calm their fears. "What if we don't like milk and honey?" they shouted. "What if trouble is ahead?" they asked. "What if ...?" You get my drift. When Josh had had enough of their whining and questioning, he stood before them and said, and I paraphrase, "Listen up, people! Hasn't God taken care of us thus far? We've had plenty to eat. We've been kept safe. True, we've wandered around in this desert for about forty years now because somebody refused to stop and ask for directions (naw, he really didn't say that at all, but I couldn't help myself there), yet, here we are fat and sassy, alive, thriving, and about to have a new experience. Thus far, He has taken care of our every need. Shouldn't we trust that He will will take care of tomorrow as well?"

Dear friends, God has taken care of us thus far. Be thankful. I have absolutely no doubt that He will take care of our tomorrows just as faithfully. We have so much to fall to our knees and be thankful about. I invite you to join me there.

Thus far...
deb

No comments: