Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Be that friend

THE LULU CHRONICLES

Dear Friends,

       I'm on vacation this week. Gary and I are in Door County with some friends from Texas. Last night we sat up until 11 p.m. talking and visiting, laughing and yes, there were some tears. I think that's the test of good friends-- you can go to the most tender spots of your heart and open them up knowing that they will be placed in safe, tender hands.

       Do you have friends like that? Better yet, are you a friend like that? Are you a friend who others can go to and share their most vulnerable thoughts? Are you that friend?

       Being in the presence of that kind of friend is holy ground. And, I am humbled.

       My prayer today is that you either encounter a friend like that, or that you become that friend to someone else.

       Go. Be.

later,
deb

No comments: