Tuesday, August 7, 2012

God's tattoo


God’s tattoo
THE LULU CHRONICLES

Before I took off on LuLu the other morning I first sat down for my daily meditation time. Right now I’m using Sarah Young’s devotional book, Jesus Calling, to inspire my thoughts and prayers.
Did you know that God has a tattoo? Me neither. But He does. In Isaiah 49:16 it says, “I have engraved you on the palms of My hands.”  So cool.  So what does that mean?
Well, as I pedaled along LuLu and I pondered this thought. Does it mean that God can sometimes be forgetful, and He needs to write stuff down and since He doesn’t have any paper around He writes on His hands? Don’t think so.
What I think that passage means is that I am so dear to Him and so permanently packed into His heart He wanted my name constantly before Him. Hence, the writing on the hands.
I don’t know about you, but to be loved that unashamedly by the One who spoke the great oceans into existence brings me to my knees. It also makes me want to make Him proud and not sorry He did something so everlasting.
The next time you’re feeling small and insignificant, remember, your name is inscribed on the Holy of Holies.
Have a great day,
deb

P.S. LuLu, of course wonders when her name is going to show up inked on my bicep. When pigs fly, darlin’. When pigs fly.
HiH

No comments: